UK Metals Council is the proud partner of UK Metals Expo, the NEW free to attend event that brings the entire metals supply chain together with the engineering and manufacturing sector on 14 and 15 September at the NEC in Birmingham.
From primary metal manufacture to supply chain management, processing metals, fabrication, design, R&D, machinery, engineering, surface coatings and recycling, the entire supply chain will be for the first time both represented and brought together fully under one roof with leading manufacturers such as Unilever, Royal Mint, GKN Aerospace, Coca Cola, Brompton Cycle, the Ministry of Defence, Ford Motor company, Landsec and Rolls-Royce.
The event includes a free to attend exhibition and conference providing a 2-day comprehensive programme packed with product and services sourcing, business networking, industry insights, best-practice and innovative solutions.
UK Metals Expo benefits from full endorsement and collaboration from the UK Metals Council and its members: AFRC, ALFED, ALUPRO, BCSA, BMRA, BSSA, CBM, CMF, the Galvanizers Association, MPMA, UK Steel, TWI and numerous other industry bodies.
“Metals matter! They are the backbone of the global manufacturing industry and play a critical role in the Green Industrial Revolution. We’re delighted to see leading manufacturers engaging with the metals sector and collaborating to forge a more sustainable future”, said Lord Redesdale, Conference Chair of UK Metals Expo.
Coming years will see the need to rise to some significant challenges such as skills shortages, recycling effectively, trading post Brexit and increasing competitiveness.
With a new Governing Body co-chaired by Lord Rupert Redesdale and Chris McDonald, the influence of the event will be year-round with major initiatives, challenges and successes discussed and presented in detail in the show floor across four theatres:
- Skills & Training
- Sustainability & Circular Economy
- Innovation & Technology
- Supply Chain, Trade & Policy
Some key topics include:
- The critical Role of Metals in the Transition to a Circular economy
- UK Materials Strategy for Automotive
- Sustainable stainless steel in building and architecture
- Future Skills, Up-skilling and Re-Skilling
- Reporting on Carbon for the Metals Sector
- How to Bring Together Material Science and Manufacturing Technologies?
- The route to hydrogen for the metals industry
- Deploying Carbon Capture, Usage and Storage in the UK
- Forging the Future Through UK Innovation and Technology
- And many more
- Alan Banks - UK Lightweight Innovations Manager - Ford Motor Company
- Chris Boyd - CEO - The Royal Institution of Naval Architects
- Duncan Clark - New Process Engineering Manager - Brompton Bicycle
- Tim Collins - Secretary General - The International Stainless Steel Forum (ISSF)
- Rob Cooper - Managing Director - British Stainless Steel Association (BSSA)
- Enrique Cornejo - Head of Industrial Carbon Capture Supply Chains – BEIS
- Gareth Barker, COO - Sheffield Forgemasters
- Gareth Stace - Director General - UK Steel
- Gary Jones - Head of Manufacturing Innovation - Rolls Royce
- Harry Malins - Chief Innovation Officer - Aerospace Technology Institute
- Jacqui Murray - Deputy Director - Faraday Battery Challenge Innovate UK
- John O’Maoileoin - Group Global Sustainability Director - CANPACK Group
- Kunal Sinha - Global Head of Recycling - Glencore
- Lee Adcock - Environment and Sustainability Director - British Steel
- Leighton John - Director of Operations - The Royal Mint
- Neil Pennell - Head of Design Innovation and Property Solutions - Landsec
- Philippa Oldham - Stakeholder Engagement Director - Advanced Propulsion Centre
- Roger Morton - Managing Director for Technology and Innovation - EMR
- Sam Jones - Head of Climate & Sustainability - Coca Cola Europacific Partners GB
- Shamus Donovan - Head of Sustainability & Environment - Speira
- Stephen Murden - Head of Extrusion UK Sales - Hydro Aluminium UK Ltd
- Tony Graham - Chair - OCEA Shipbuilding UK Ltd
- Vivek Sirohi - Vice President - Deodorants R&D – Unilever
- And many more
UK Metals Expo is a very efficient way of sourcing new suppliers, reviewing strategy, identifying new industrial and commercial opportunities and connecting with leading experts and peers.
Exhibiting companies include Amari, AD Bird, AKM, Altair, Anglo Stainless, Berkeley Stainless Fittings, Bibus Metals, BM Steel, Broder Metal Group, Corrosion Resistant Materials, Engmal Stainless, Eural Gnutti, Expanded Metal Company, Hempel Special Metals, Hitachi High-Tech Analytical Science, Holme Dodsworth, Hydro Aluminium, Jonas Metals, Joseph Ash, Karcher, Linox Metals, Lumturi, MG Metals, Midsteel Flanges and Fittings, National Tube Stockholders, Nero Pipeline Connections, Nikal Steels, Nironit Edelstahl, North West Polishing, NSP Coatings, Offshore Stainless Supplies, Phoenix County Metals, PipeXtra Stainless, Plastometrex, PP Group, Preminox, Pro Roll, Professional Polishing Services, Raccortubi Norsk, Shropshire Stainless & Aluminium, Smiths Metal Centres, Stainless Steel Services, Stainless Wire Supplies, Steelo, Strumis, Sturge Industries, Sverdrup Steel, Swiss Steel,Tata Steel, TransFIRe, TW Metals, Van Leeuwen, Voss Stainless, Wedge Group Galvanizing, YOTO Aluminium many more.
“Anyone involved in the metals industry will want to attend, any organisations providing goods or services to this industry will want to be represented”, said UK Metals Council’s Chair Chris McDonald.
FOR MORE INFO and GET YOUR FREE BADGE NOW, visit www.ukmetalsexpo.com